|Title or Topic
||Visa and Consular Services Program/Border Security|
||Office of Management and Budget Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART)|
||Maura Harty, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs|
|Scores and Ratings
- FY 2004: Adequate
- FY 2005: Moderately Effective
|Major Findings/ Recommendations
- Annual goals and targets do not adequately link to the long-term goals or provide relevant performance data.
|Major Actions Taken or That Will be Taken
- CA is making a concerted effort and working with OMB to ensure that annual goals and targets link to the long-term goals and provide relevant performance data.
|PART Performance Measures
- The Department fully uses the consular function as part of a coordinated national effort to manage border security and implement the Immigration and Nationality Act, in order to prevent the travel of those who might present risks to the United States and its citizens and also to facilitate legitimate travel.
- Number of other Agencies with access to the Consular Consolidated Database.
- Development of a Biometrics Collection Program for U.S. visas.