|Title or Topic
||Office of Management and Budget Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART)|
||Cofer Black, Assistant Secretary, Counterterrorism|
Francis X. Taylor, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Diplomatic Security
|Scores and Ratings
- FY 2004: Moderately Effective
- FY 2005: Effective
|Major Findings/ Recommendations
- Long-term goals do not have performance indicators or other long-term targets.
|Major Actions Taken or That Will be Taken
- Establish long-term goals and targets
- Establish measures to gauge progress towards long-term goals.
|PART Performance Measures
- Anti-terrorism capabilities of participant countries are sufficient to deter, detect, and counter terrorist organizations and threats in support of the Global War on Terrorism.
- Strengthen bi-lateral ties of the U.S. with participating countries through engagement in counterterrorism policy development and coordination efforts and by providing anti-terrorism assistance.
- Increase respect for human rights by sharing with civilian law enforcement authorities modern, humane and effective anti-terrorism techniques.
- Number of planned anti-terrorism courses.
- Number of program reviews conducted to ensure that skills taught continue to be retained and used after training is completed.