U.S. Delegation to the 57th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
The Department of State is pleased to announce the U.S. Delegation attending the 57th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women, to be held March 4 through 15, 2013 at UN Headquarters in New York.
- Ambassador Susan E. Rice, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Head of Delegation.
- Ambassador Elizabeth Cousens, U.S. Representative on the UN Economic and Social Council, Deputy Head of Delegation.
- Sharon Wiener, Acting Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues, U.S. Department of State, Deputy Head of Delegation.
They will be accompanied by six Public Delegates and two Private Sector Advisors
- Mary Ellsberg, Director, Global Women’s Institute, George Washington University.
- Rosie Hidalgo, Director of Public Policy, Casa de Esperanza: National Latin@ Network for Healthy Families and Communities.
- Neil Irvin, Executive Director, Men Can Stop Rape.
- Nancy Mahon, Senior Vice President, Philanthropy and Social Initiatives, The Estee Lauder Companies.
- Kiersten Stewart, Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, Futures without Violence.
- David Thomas, Program Administrator, Domestic Violence Education, Johns Hopkins University.
Private Sector Advisors:
- Adrienne Germain, President Emerita, International Women's Health Coalition.
- Sharon Kotok, former advisor, U.S. Department of State.
Other members of the U.S. Delegation include technical experts from the Department of State, the Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services and USAID, as well as officials from the White House.
The theme of this year’s session is “Elimination and prevention of all forms of violence against women and girls.”
For more information, please visit: http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/csw/57sess.htm