United States - Poland Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Clean and Efficient Energy
Secretary of State Clinton and Foreign Minister Sikorski today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Cooperation in Clean and Efficient Energy.
This U.S.-Poland MOU will promote dialogue and facilitate increased cooperation on scientific, technical, and policy aspects of clean and efficient energy technologies, through the exchange of ideas, policies and information.
The MOU calls upon the United States and Poland to develop and implement a work plan that encourages the exchange of information and planning for future cooperative research on policies that support and enhance clean energy and energy efficiency and research, including research on clean coal technologies, energy efficiency, renewable energy, unconventional natural gas, civilian nuclear energy, and environmental and waste management.
U.S.-Poland cooperation under this MOU may take place in a variety of forms, including:
- exchange of publicly available scientific and technical information;
- organization of seminars, workshops, and other meetings on agreed topics;
- exchange of scientists, engineers and other specialists, including those from industry and other non-government sectors;
- visits by specialist teams or experts to each other’s facilities;
- conduct of joint analytic studies;
- identification of areas/projects suitable for the possible future conduct of joint research and development and pilot scale and demonstration projects; and
- engagement with similar institutions in other countries.