Special Press Briefing and Tour of the Civilian Response Corps
The Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization (S/CRS) is hosting an exclusive briefing to showcase the facilities, deployments, and capabilities of the Civilian Response Corps to members of the media on March 26th, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. This briefing, held in S/CRS’s Springfield “Control Center” will provide the media a guided tour of the facilities and a presentation of the Corps’s expertise, tools, and capabilities. The event offers:
- An overview of the role of the Coordinator and the interagency Civilian Response Corps;
- Information on S/CRS’ peace building deployments and activities around the world;
- A demonstration of the equipment that allows deployed Corps members to conduct their missions in austere and remote environments, including armored SUVs, sophisticated communications tools, and personal equipment;
- Digital Video Conferences (DVCs) with Corps members currently in the field in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Afghanistan (DVCs are subject to field conditions);
- Interaction with Civilian Response Corps members.
Location of departure and return for tour transportation: Department of State, 23rd Street Entrance.
Pre-set time for departure: 9:00 a.m.
Return time: Approximately 1:00 p.m.
Transportation to the tour from the Department of State will be provided for accredited media representatives presenting one of the following: (1) A U.S. Government-issued identification card (Department of State, White House, Congress, Department of Defense or Foreign Press Center), (2) a media-issued photo identification card, or (3) a letter from their employer on letterhead verifying their employment as a journalist, accompanied by an official photo identification card (driver's license, passport).
To enter the facility and participate in the tour all guest must be pre-cleared. Please supply your name, place of birth, date of birth, Social Security Number and Current Employer by Monday, March 22.
Department of State
Office of Press Relations
Office of the Coordinator for Reconnection & Stabilization