U.S. Delegation to the 54th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State, Head of Delegation.
- Ambassador Susan Rice, U.S. Permanent Representative to the UN, Alternate Head of Delegation.
- Ambassador Melanne Verveer, Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues, U.S. Department of State, Alternate Head of Delegation.
- Ambassador Rick Barton, U.S. Representative on the UN Economic and Social Council, Deputy Head of Delegation.
- Meryl Frank, Deputy Head of Delegation with the personal rank of Ambassador.
They will be accompanied by five Public Delegates.
- Beth Brooke, Global Vice Chair of Public Policy, Sustainability and Stakeholder Engagement at Ernst & Young.
- Ellen Chesler, distinguished lecturer and director of the Eleanor Roosevelt initiative on Women and Public Life at Roosevelt House, Hunter College.
- Connie Evans, President and CEO of the Association for Enterprise Opportunity.
- Geeta Rao Gupta, President of the International Center for Research on Women.
- Asifa Quraishi, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Wisconsin, and founding member of the National Association of Muslim Lawyers and the California group American Muslims Intent on Learning and Activism.
The theme of this year’s session is “The sharing of experiences and good practices, with a view to overcoming remaining obstacles and new challenges, including those related to the Millennium Development Goals.”
For more information, please visit: