Africa Regional Media Hub
- Stay Connected with the Africa Regional Media Hub:
The Africa Regional Media Hub, based in Johannesburg, South Africa, is part of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Public Affairs and works to connect U.S. policy makers and experts with media in sub-Saharan Africa. As part of the Office of International Media Engagement, we work in collaboration with Public Affairs offices at U.S. Embassies throughout Africa.
The Africa Hub conducts and arranges interviews and media briefings with U.S. officials on regional and multilateral policy issues with media in sub-Saharan Africa. Africa Hub events are interactive, using available technology, and provide an opportunity for the African media to interact directly with U.S. officials. The Africa Hub also provides opportunities for arranging media interviews with U.S. officials in Washington and who are visiting or transiting South Africa. The Africa Hub produces content, such as video and audio podcasts and transcripts, for placement with African television and radio broadcasters and other media.
- We conduct regular briefings with U.S. officials via telephonic press conference calls. Please email us email@example.com receive our media advisories and a schedule of upcoming events.
- If you are a radio reporter: We can record broadcast-quality radio interviews and send the audio files via the Internet.
- If you are a print journalist: We can arrange telephone interviews with U.S. Government policymakers traveling in the region or in Washington, DC.
- If you are a TV or multimedia/online journalist: We provide broadcast-quality video clips on our website. We can also help arrange for interviews with U.S. officials via studios in Washington, DC or at our other regional media hubs and upload video for you to download in a variety of formats and resolutions.