Final Communique: Second U.S.-Central America Dialogue on Security
The Communique ofthe XXXIII Central American Security Commission Meeting adopted in Guatemala City, Guatemala on July 18, 2007;
That SICA Member States and the United States of America have continued the ongoing consultative process to enhance mutual cooperation with the view to confronting the transnational threats posed to all States of this region;
That SICA Member States and the United States of America are confronting crime, trafficking, violence and insecurity in a joint, preventive, comprehensive and effective manner as a priority for the region;
The SICA Member States and the United States of America acknowledge the efforts needed to establish a common approach with all invited observers that contribute to regional security;
The Declaration of the XXXII Summit of the Head of State and Government of SICA, in order to continue strengthening the Security Dialogues with Mexico and the United States of America, including the Merida Initiative, in order to develop Working Plans on the basis of mutually accepted agreements and priorities by the Parties.
- To approve the Mechanism for Central America-United States Dialogue on Democratic Security.
- To continue developing a common approach to shared security concerns in the region.
- To continue our joint actions to fight transnational threats to Democratic Security in specific and practical ways.
- To strengthen existing measures of cooperation in order to improve the operational capacity of all of the States' entities and security forces involved.
- To continue carrying out the steps needed to achieve financing for the Central America-Mexico Security Strategy.
- To recognize the advancement of our cooperative efforts to combat illicit trafficking of firearms, drugs and criminal gangs.
- To hold the Third Central America-United States of America Dialogue on Democratic Security in 2009.
- To thank the Government of the United States of America for the facilities and support given leading to the successful Second Central America-United States of America Dialogue on Democratic Security.