UNESCO Creative Cities Network
(As of 7/15/2016)
What is the UNESCO Creative Cities Network?
UNESCO Creative Cities form a global network of municipalities recognized as having achieved world class standards within a given creative area.
Through U.S. membership in UNESCO, American cities are eligible to take advantage of the UNESCO Creative City program as a way to highlight their unique cultural heritage on the world stage.
Designation as a UNESCO Creative City can help municipalities harness their creativity as a way to promote social and economic development.
Current U.S. UNESCO Creative Cities:
- Austin UNESCO City of Media Arts
- Detroit UNESCO City of Design
- Iowa City UNESCO City of Literature
- Paducah UNESCO City of Crafts and Folk Art
- Santa Fe UNESCO City of Crafts and Folk Art
- Tucson UNESCO City of Gastronomy
Creative City Network Themes:
UNESCO Creative City Network themes include:
|Crafts and Folk Art|
How to apply:
For information about the UNESCO Creative City Program and for next steps about how your city can apply click here