Career Transition Center (CTC)
The Career Transition Center (CTC) provides training, counseling, job leads, and other assistance to U.S. citizen employees of the Department of State and other federal foreign affairs agencies who are leaving USG service.
Job Search Program (lasts one to two months depending on Civil or Foreign Service pay scheme)
Retirement Planning Seminar (lasts four days). Two parts of the Retirement Planning Seminar can be taken separately:
- Financial Management and Estate Planning Workshop, one-day course
- Annuities, Benefits, and Social Security Workshop, one-day course
Financial Planning, TSP and FSPS Annuity Benefits Distance Learning/Live Webinar – A blended-learning condensed retirement planning alternative for overseas staff unable to attend the classroom seminars.
The Early to Mid-Career Retirement Planning Seminar (for those who are more than 10 years away from retirement)
Other CTC Job Search Services for USG Clients
- Job leads compiled from numerous sources
- Three job fairs annually with private sector and non-profit employers
- Job Search Websites by Job Field and Related Resources
- Job Search Articles and Guidance
- What My Family Needs to Know (PDF) - form used to provide emergency information to significant others
Transition assistance to foreign affairs employees and family members, both: