Foreign Service Assignment Notebook: What Do I Do Now?
Updated for 2016!
This expanded e-book resource offers invaluable information and guidance on all aspects of preparing for an international move. Available to ALL employees and family members transitioning to an overseas assignment.
- The iPad epub version can also be viewed on a desktop PC in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Be sure to use the Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 version (latest).
- The Android version can be viewed on a device in Google Play Books or Publiwide (free eReader app).
- The Kindle version can be viewed on an Amazon Kindle reader or using the Kindle app on other devices. There is also the option to view the .mobi file on the iPad with the Kindle for iPad app (free download).
- Overview of a U.S. Mission
- Spouses, Same-Sex Domestic Partners, and Members of Household
- Children in the Foreign Service
- Resilience for the Foreign Affairs Community
- Medical Information
- Privileges and Immunities
- Transition Center Resources
- Bidding Resources and Post Research
- Family Member Employment
- Education for Foreign Service Children
- Preparation Checklist
- Traveling with Pets
- Electricity, Communications, TV and Internet
- Contingency Planning
- Packing to Go
- Unaccompanied Assignments
- CLO and Post Support
- Mail and Diplomatic Pouch Services
- Household Employees
- Safety and Security
- Leaving Your Post
- Income Taxes
- Travel and Leave
- Legal Issues
- Resources and References
- Glossary of Terms and Acronyms