Table of Contents
- What is the Purpose of the 2004 Trafficking in Persons Report?
What is Trafficking?
What is the Human and Societal Toll of Trafficking?
- Trafficking Is a Human Rights Violation and a Crime
Trafficking Promotes Social Breakdown
Trafficking Fuels Organized Crime
Trafficking Deprives Countries of Human Capital
Trafficking Undermines Public Health
Trafficking Subverts Government Authority
Trafficking Imposes Enormous Economic Costs
What are the Causes of Trafficking?
What Strategies are Effective in the War Against Trafficking?
More About the 2004 TIP Report
- What the Report Is and Is Not
What is Different in This Year's Report
Why This Year's Report Contains More Country Assessments
How the Report Is Used
Step One: Significant Numbers of Victims
Step Two: Tier Placement
- INTERNATIONAL BEST PRACTICES
- International Heroes
- TIER PLACEMENTS
- COUNTRY NARRATIVES
- SPECIAL CASES
- UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT EFFORTS
- INTERNATIONAL CONVENTIONS - MATRIX
- TRAFFICKING VICTIMS PROTECTION ACT
- GLOSSARY OF ACRONYMS