2010 Human Rights Report: Appendix D -- Description of International Human Rights Conventions in Appendix C
This is the basic text view. SWITCH NOW to the new, more interactive format.
1) Convention to Suppress the Slave Trade and Slavery of September 25, 1926, as amended by the Protocol of December 7, 1953.
2) Convention Concerning Forced or Compulsory Labor of June 28, 1930 (ILO Convention 29).
3) Convention Concerning Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize of July 9, 1948 (ILO Convention 87).
4) Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide of December 9, 1948.
5) Convention Concerning the Application of the Principles of the Right to Organize and Bargain Collectively of July 1, 1949 (ILO Convention 98).
6) Geneva Convention Relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War of August 12, 1949.
7) Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of August 12, 1949.
8) Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others of March 21, 1950.
9) European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of November 4, 1950.
10) Convention on the Political Rights of Women of March 31, 1953.
11) Supplementary Convention on the Abolition of Slavery, the Slave Trade, and Institutions and Practices Similar to Slavery of September 7, 1956.
12) Convention Concerning the Abolition of Forced Labor of June 25, 1957 (ILO Convention 105).
13) International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination of December 21, 1965.
14) International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights of December 16, 1966.
15) International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights of December 16, 1966.
16) Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees of July 28, 1951.
17) Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees of January 31, 1967.
18) American Convention on Human Rights of November 22, 1969.
19) Convention Concerning Minimum Age for Admission to Employment of June 26, 1973 (ILO Convention 138).
20) Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of August 12, 1949, and Relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I), of June 8, 1977.
21) Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of August 12, 1949, and Relating to the Protection of Victims of Non-International Armed Conflicts (Protocol II), of June 8, 1977.
22) Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women of December 18, 1979.
23) Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment of December 10, 1984.
24) Convention on the Rights of the Child of November 20, 1989.
25) Convention Concerning the Prohibition and Immediate Action for the Elimination of the Worst Forms of Child Labor of June 17, 1999 (ILO Convention 182).
26) Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities of December 13, 2006.