Appendix D: Description of International Human Rights Conventions in Appendix C
Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
2007March 11, 2008
- Convention to Suppress the Slave Trade and Slavery of September 25,1926, as amended by the Protocol of December 7, 1953.
- Convention Concerning Forced Labor of June 28, 1930 (ILO Convention 29).
- Convention Concerning Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize of July 9, 1948 (ILO Convention 87).
- Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide of December 9, 1948.
- Convention Concerning the Application of the Principles of the Right to Organize and Bargain Collectively of July 1, 1949 (ILO Convention 98).
- Geneva Convention Relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War of August 12, 1949.
- Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of August 12, 1949.
- Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others of March 21, 1950.
- European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of November 4, 1950.
- Convention on the Political Rights of Women of March 31, 1953.
- Supplementary Convention on the Abolition of Slavery, the Slave Trade, and Institutions and Practices Similar to Slavery of September 7, 1956.
- Convention Concerning the Abolition of Forced Labor of June 25, 1957 (ILO Convention 105).
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination of December 21, 1965.
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights of December 16, 1966.
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights of December 16, 1966.
- Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees of July 28, 1951.
- Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees of January 31, 1967.
- American Convention on Human Rights of November 22, 1969.
- Convention Concerning Minimum Age for Admission to Employment of June 26, 1973 (ILO Convention 138).
- Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of August 12, 1949, and Relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I), of June 8, 1977.
- Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of August 12, 1949, and Relating to the Protection of Victims of Non-International Armed Conflicts (Protocol II), of June 8, 1977.
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women of December 18, 1979.
- Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment of December 10, 1984.
- Convention on the Rights of the Child of November 20, 1989.
- Convention Concerning the Prohibition and Immediate Action for the Elimination of the Worst Forms of Child Labor of June 17, 1999 (ILO Convention 182).