U.S.-Colombia Note 3196 re CivAir Agreement of October 16, 2007
The Embassy of the United States of America presents its compliments to the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Republic of Colombia and refers to the exchange of diplomatic notes between the Embassy and the Ministry, done at Bogota on September 28, 2007, effecting an amendment of the understanding and amendments relating to the Air Transport Agreement between the United States of America and the Republic of Colombia of October 24, 1956, effected by exchange of notes at Bogota on August 11, October 11, and November 22, 2000, as amended and extended (the "Amendment'') .
In light of consultations between the two governments on or about October 8, 2007 concerning discrepancies between the English version of the Amendment reflected in the Embassy's note and the Spanish version of the Amendment reflected in the Ministry's note, the Embassy proposes the following technical corrections to the Spanish version of the Amendment quoted in the Ministry's note :
- Change paragraph 1 (a) (vi) to add the phrase "in writing" ("par escrito") as reflected in the English version, so that the end of that clause would read in Spanish " . . . comunicadas a la otra Parte, per escrito ." ;
- Transpose the order of "the Republic of Colombia" ("la Republica de Colombia") and "the United States" ("los Estados Unidos") in paragraphs 3 (c) and (d) ;
- De-capitalize the roman numerals of sub-paragraphs iv, v and vi of paragraph 1 (a) ;
- Replace "referirme" with "referirse" in line 3 of the opening paragraph of the Embassy's note ;
- Replace the comma with a period at the end of paragraph 3 (c) ; and
- Change "Tambi6n tengo el gran honor . . ." at the beginning of the penultimate paragraph of the Embassy's note to read "Tambi6n tiene el gran honor The Embassy further proposes that, if acceptable to the Government of the Republic of Colombia, this note and the Ministry's affirmative note in reply shall constitute a correction to the Spanish version of the Amendment .
The Embassy of the United States of America avails itself of this opportunity to reiterate to the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Republic of Colombia the assurances of its highest consideration .
Embassy of the United States of America Bogota, D .C .,
October 16, 2007