Office of Terrorism Finance and Economic Sanctions Policy
The Office of Terrorism Finance and Economic Sanctions Policy, in conjunction with other bureaus and agencies:
- Coordinates efforts to build international support for efforts against terrorist finance;
- Coordinates efforts to create, modify, or terminate unilateral sanctions regimes as appropriate to the changing international situation, such as Iran, Syria, and Libya;
- Coordinates domestic and international efforts to disrupt and dismantle the Somali pirate enterprise
- Develops strategies for implementation of specific aspects of sanctions regimes; and
- Provides foreign policy guidance on specific commercial business, export, import, and general licensing issues to the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control and the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security.