International Telecommunication Advisory Committee
ITAC is composed of three sectors:
- Telecommunications Standardization (ITAC-T);
- Telecommunication Development; and
- Radiocommunication reflecting the structure and function of the ITU.
1. ITAC-T includes three study groups:
- Study Group A: U.S. policy, standardization, regulatory, and competitive aspects of the operations and tariffs of telecommunications services.
- Study Group B: Switching and signalling for transmission systems, ISDN, and software languages.
- Study Group D: Data networks and telematic transmission service, digital video, modem, and digital circuit multiplication techniques
2. ITAC-D includes two study groups:
- Study Group 1 - Telecommunication development, strategies, and policies
- Study Group 2 - Development, harmonization, management and maintenance of telecommunication networks, and services including spectrum management
3. ITAC-R includes eight study groups:
- Study Group 1: Spectrum management
- Study Group 3: Radio wave propagation
- Study Group 4: Fixed satellite service
- Study Group 7: Science services
- Study Group 8: Mobile, radiodetermination, amateur, and related satellite services
- Study Group 9: Fixed service
- Study Group 10: Broadcasting service: sound
- Study Group 11: Broadcasting service: television